It’s important to keep in mind that there are many colleges that are a great fit for each student.
For better and for worse, college admission at many colleges is not a
formulaic meritocracy. That is to say, while grades, test scores, coursework and extracurricular activities are very important, admissions results for these schools can’t be predicted simply by looking at a combination of these factors. There is no magic or secret formula to ensure admission.
But it’s possible to stay sane, keep the stress level low and achieve a great outcome. The key is to determine the best approach for each student and to proceed step-by-step through the process in an organized way.
JGossels College Consulting supports students through the college
admissions process with personal attention and expert guidance.
JGossels College Consulting provides assistance with:
- High school preparation for college, including course choices and timing and selection of standardized tests
- Preparation of a college list, including finding good fits and advice about college visits
- Development of an individualized plan of action for the application process including interview preparation
- Essay preparation, including guidance in brainstorming ideas and editing
- Navigation of the financial aid process
- Navigation of the athletic recruitment process
- Preservation of the parent-child relationship!